I do not believe it!Can't believe that my last update was mid-November, what am I like! However this was never going to be a regular occurrence more like something to do when the mood takes me.
I have been out & about round Amwell and RSPB Rye Meads through December and into January 2015 (Oh - Happy New Year to all or should that be both?).
From memory my personal highlights were:
@ Rye Meads:
- female Peregrine causing havoc around the Gadwall hide (19/12);
- male Sparrowhawk sitting in the bush to the right of the "Car Park" hide (19/12);
- 3 Coots trying to fathom out why they couldn't swim or walk on the ice;
- Fox walking across the ice in search of breakfast;
- Shelduck looking for a place to land.
Photos to support those highlights - generally in OK light for a change
|Coots on ice|
|Fox on ice|
Highlights at Amwell were:
- Bittern spotted on 19th @ 4.15pm (photo to Herts Bird Club);
- Tree Creeper giving good views and photo opportunities on the path between James & White hides;
- Pair of Bullfinches in the same area as Tree Creeper;
- Stoat working through the old "Hornets Nest" tree on the same path;
- Displaying pair of Goldeneye - albeit at a considerable distance;
- incoming flocks of Canada & Greylag geese in late afternoon;
- a couple of lovely sunsets;
|Orange glow of sunset on gull|
|Incoming Greylag Geese|
|Stoat in the Hornets tree|
Happy New Year to all, enjoy your birding & hope to see you out & about.